Music and Worship Position Open
Grace Lutheran Church in Conroe, TX is seeking a Music and Worship Director. TGrace Lutheran Church is seeking a Director of Worship and Music. The position will oversee all services, with an emphasis on both traditional and contemporary worship styles. Please send your resumé and qualifications to: mailto:email@example.com
Job Title: Director of Worship and Music Pay Grade: Commensurate with
Reports to: Lead Pastor Effective/Revised Date: TBD
Direct Reports: None ½ time position (20 hours a week)
The mission of Grace Lutheran church is “Living the Grace of God – where there’s grace for you”. We live this grace by creating a place that welcomes and includes all people, that nurtures and encourages a growing faith in all ages and generations, and that builds relationships with one another and with our neighbors.
The vision of the worship and music ministry of Grace Lutheran Church is to enhance the mission “Living the Grace of God” through faithful, inspirational and creative worship that strives to reach across generations and engage worshippers through diverse worship styles, to the glory of God.
In partnership with the Pastor, the Director or Worship and Music will provide leadership, creativity and diversity in worship, as well as integrate the gifts of the congregation into its worship life.
- Works with and under the guidance of the Pastor(s) and is directly responsible to the
Lead Pastor of the congregation
- Leads and works with the worship team(s), administrator, church council, musicians
(paid and volunteer), altar guild, ushers, greeters, readers, and other teams needed for
the worship life of the congregation. This may include pre-school and custodial staff.
- A growing, maturing faith in Jesus and belief in the creeds of the church.
- Some college preferred
- Experience in worship leadership, such as organist/pianist, choir director and/or band
- Passion for recruiting, connecting and leading volunteers in various forms of worship
leadership., and for connecting people to God and one another through worship and
- Punctuality, responsibility and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to play a keyboard instrument (piano or organ) or another lead band instrument
- Familiarity with some technology: PowerPoint, ProPresenter (our screen software)
some music arranging software, and sound system operation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Pastor and other worship leaders in planning and implementing worship
- Communicate with worship assistants (Altar Guild, Ushers, Choirs, Special Services,
Communion Assistants, etc. regarding any special needs during worship
- Plan an annual music and worship budget for Grace Lutheran Church and operate within
that budget during the budget year.
- Supervise volunteer and contract musicians.
- Train and work with sound and video technicians (paid and volunteer).
- Provide and coordinate leadership for Choir, Bells, and Contemporary Band.
- Oversee, organize, and update music libraries, copyright licensing, etc. so that the
congregation is in compliance with such.
- Attend bimonthly (twice a month) staff meetings, and provide reports to the council as
- Provide information for newsletter to the Administrator on the timely basis to inform the
congregation of upcoming events and/or needs and plans of the worship and music
ministry of Grace Lutheran Church.
- Establish regular office hours (TBD)
- Perform or align musicians for weddings and funerals.
- Perform or align performers for the special seasonal services, including Lent, Advent
and other special programs or events.
- Develop a Contemporary Worship Service
Additional Requirements to apply:
- References, both work and personal
- Current resume
- Audition video playing or leading worship via Youtube
Send resume to Grace Lutheran Church to office at glcsconroe.org
With further questions, please contact the Lead Pastor Diane Roth at 936-588-1944.
Job Type: Part-time